The Aims of FAWNA are:
- To provide emergency care, shelter and rehabilitation for wildlife in need and to release them into a suitable natural environment.
- To encourage appreciation and respect in the minds of others for our native animals by providing educational programs for FAWNA members and the public, with particular emphasis on schools.
- To provide support for other wildlife carers.
- To form associations with groups who have similar aims.
- To educate and increase awareness in FAWNA members and the public of the environmental issues that affect our indigenous fauna.
- To provide a pool of equipment for the use of members. to raise funds necessary to implement our aims.